A group of owners and operators met in 1998 to organize support for the self storage industry on a local level. Although there has been energetic activity on the national scene for self storage, owners and operators in Massachusetts felt something closer to their home communities was needed. Thus, a non-profit organization committed to strengthening and enhancing the self storage industry in the commonwealth – as well as increasing educational opportunities and raising the bar of service and competence – came into existence and has been growing ever since!
The mission of the Massachusetts Self Storage Association (MASSA) is to strengthen the self storage industry in Massachusetts by promoting professional standards and quality, and by presenting a unified voice on issues affecting the industry in the commonwealth and in its communities.
The Massachusetts Self Storage Association is a group of self storage owners and operators that was formed in 1998. The purpose of the Association shall be:
- To provide leadership and open lines of communication on issues that affect the self storage industry;
- To define and assert standards of excellence in the self storage industry within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts;
- To provide opportunities for members to increase their knowledge of the industry through research, discussion and the exchange of information;
- To support, communicate and cooperate with the National Self Storage Association (SSA) as a chapter affiliate; and
- To protect our members from adverse legislative actions and monitor all legal cases involving self storage in the state.